2nd stage of the Interdisciplinary & Intersectoral Cooperation peer-training of trainers: study visit in Iceland
The visit was conducted in the framework of the project “Using the Icelandic Police’s paradigm to build a Greek multi-Agency substantial partnership, in order to strengthen the support and protection of women and children victims of domestic violence, in line with the standards of the Istanbul Convention” (#GR_IS_UnitedForDVSurvivors), that EAVN coordinates in partnership with the National Commissioner of Iceland and The Smile of the Child, and is funded by Active citizens fund.
The Greek delegation consisted of professionals from three sectors responsible for the handling of domestic violence cases and for the provision of support to women survivors and their children, and specifically from the:
– Domestic Violence Department, General Policing Division, Hellenic Police Headquarters
– Domestic Violence office of Alimos police station
– Athens court of first instance
– Prosecutor’s Office in the Court of First Instance of Athens
– Social services of Municipality of Agios Dimitrios
– The Smile of the Child
– European Anti-Violence Network
as well as the external experts of the project:
– Χeni Dimitriou, Honorary Prosecutor of Supreme Court of Greece
– Sofia Bekatorou, Psychologist, Olympic medalist in sailing
The Greek delegation consisted also of the Major and deputy Major of Agios Dimitrios Municipality, where the standard operating procedures (SoPs) that are being developed by the Greek Task Force will be pilot tested.
We would like to specialy thank the National Commissioner of Icelandic Police, Sigríður Björk Guðjónsdóttir, for sharing with us the applied cross-sectional good practices of Iceland that prioritize the safety and wellbeing of domestic violence survivors, women and children. We would also like to thank the staff of her office for the organization of an excellent study visit as well as all the Icelandic organizations that participated.